WHAT IS THE GFBA?
II. WHERE DO WE WANT TO GO?
- GFBA is a non-profit group of people intersted in learning about
guinea fowl. Some members join before getting their first guineas,
others have small backyard flocks. Some of our members are hatchery
owners, others are veterinarians and scientists.
- The GFBA was founded in 1999 and is part of www.guineafowl.com
- Our club motto: Guinea Fowl Breeders Association will encourage,
support, and educate people as to the benefits in raising guinea fowl
and provide information and support to those who own or plan to own
WHAT DO WE WANT TO BE?
- Educate members and non- members
- Continue to promote guinea fowl within the APA
- Guinea Fowl for control of Lyme Disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted
- Social and support group
- Learn from professionals, educational programs
- Cooperate and participate with guinea fowl research
- Educate veterinarians in guinea fowl health care
- Develop resource list
- Develop informational brochure about GFBA and guinea fowl
- Develop teaching materials
III. HOW CAN WE PROMOTE THIS GROUP?
- Write letters to editors promoting guinea fowl and contact local
newspapers when appropriate
- Provide handouts and other printed material
- Contact veterinarian programs and schools
- Participate in Partners in Education, Scouts, 4-H and other groups
- Contact organic gardening groups to promote guinea fowl use in their
- Guinea Fowl have been recognized by the American Poultry Association
- Participation with Bird Shippers of America
- Participation with the Guinea Fowl Standards Committee
- "Ask A Vet" forum
- Articles in Mother Earth News and other publications
- Participated in a joint survey with Tennessee State University
- Annual contests for members, recognizing guinea fowl photographers
- Articles in Backyard Poultry Magazine and other publications